Paramedical science is the study of healthcare services. The aspiring candidates can become a successful Paramedic after completing the course in Paramedical. After joining the Paramedical course a student can get all the required knowledge and learn all the skills which are demanded by the healthcare industry. The Paramedic works under the guidance of doctors and conduct tests, perform analyses, preserve samples of tests etc. A paramedic also takes care of patients, provides the emergency services and also manages the hospital work.
There are different types of courses in Paramedical. Some of the courses are :
- a. Medical Lab Technology : Medical Lab Technology is a program which will enable you to provide the health care services. A medical lab technology professional is skilled to perform all body fluid tests of human, generating and analysing the reports of tests and maintaining the reports/results for future references. The MLT professional plays a major role because the reports generated by him helps the doctors in detecting and treating the diseases. A medical lab technologist can provide his services in hospitals, pathology labs, clinics, research centers etc.
- b. Patient Care Management : A professional in Patient Care Management is responsible to improve the conditions of patient and provide him care while considering his health conditions. He is supposed to create a positive environment for the speedy recovery of the patients.
- c. Emergency Medical Technician : Emergency Medical Technician gives the pre hospital services in the case of medical emergency. They are skilled to respond quickly in panic situations and provide services in the medical issues like accidents, injuries, etc. He can apply for jobs in emergency departments of the hospital, ambulance etc.
- d. General Duty Assistant : They are the individuals who provide patient care in hospitals and maintains a positive environment for patients are called as General Duty Assistant. The main duty of a General Duty Assistant is to take care of patients like helping them in eating food, changing clothes, helping patients during walking etc.
- Medical Imaging Technology : It is a process which is used in hospitals to create the images of the internal organs of the human body or some specific parts of the human body for medical purposes. Medical imaging is necessary for tracking illness. MRI's and CT scans helps the physician to monitor it and to decide the best solution for patients. The detailed information generated by medical images can provide patients with better and good care with the help of doctors.
What skills are demanded by industry from students ?
Other than educational qualifications and course related knowledge, the student must have the following skills :
- - Communication Skills
- - Can handle work smoothly
- - General Aptitude
- - Good Personality
- - Personal Grooming
Course you can choose in Paramedical ?
Paramedical courses has opened up a new platform for students. Some of the paramedical courses are offered to all stream students and some courses are for science students only.
In today's world, a student has different options and he/she must explore them all before taking the admission. After the introduction of Bachelor of Vocation (B. VOC.) courses by UGC in 2011 a new option has been opened up for students, so let's check about these :
If you want to study traditional Paramedical Degree Program: In India, different states have their own eligibility tests so the candidate can opt for the one which is more suitable for them. But most of the times candidate gets confused about the different courses offered by different states of India. Also the fee structure, methods of teaching, practicals, training etc varies from state to state. So a student who has just passed the 12th standard finds it difficult to decide what will be the best option for him.
If you want to gain more practical Experience: B.Voc degree the best option for the students nowadays is to learn something wherein the learning also gets you the experience to work in their respective industry.
The fee structure of this program is affordable. INR 90,000/- per year.
The best part of the program is that, it gives students a chance to earn while they learn. This helps students in paying their own fees.
B.Voc degree program gives more attention on practical training of students. In this program, student gets enrolled in training from the first year and after completion of degree student gets 3 years of experience also. This experience will take a student ahead in comparison to other students.
Difference between B. Voc Degree & other states degree programs :
B.Voc in Paramedical
- B.Voc is a work integrated degree program. In this degree a student study and work/do training at the same time. For this training he also get paid in the form of stipend.
- You will get a chance to work with big hospitals, pathology labs, clinics etc from the start of your degree and it will help you in getting more practical and industry knowledge
- This program will enhance your industry skills.
- You will get work experience along with degree, this will boost up your career growth in comparison to freshers and you will get more job opportunities.
Other States Paramedical Courses
- It is a traditional degree program. In this a student will complete his full degree in college only and as per the curriculum he/she will go for 4-6 months of training only.
- Industry exposure will be very less for a student.
- Students will get more theoretical knowledge as they spend more time on campus classes.
- After completion of course student has to apply as a fresher to get a job in the healthcare industry.
Procedure of Taking Admission :
So how can you take admission:
There are different state level tests for which a student can appear and can get admission. B.Sc in Paramedical is the degree program which is opted by many students. In this a student has to select a particular field of study like B.Sc in Medical Lab Technology, B.Sc in Patient care etc. But different states have different entrance exams which creates confusion among students.
- - Unlike other entrance exams, we don’t follow any difficult procedure to give admissions to students. To take admission in TISS is very easy. You have to appear for a general interview at the training hub partner and after selection you will get admission.
- - Immediately after the start of the degree the student joins the hospitals, pathlabs and his training starts. This program follows the practical training approach. Also you can earn during the time of training which helps in paying the fees.
Diploma courses: Diploma courses are short in duration in comparison to degree courses. The duration could be 1-2 years for a diploma course. One of the best diplomas offered in Paramedical is Diploma in Medical Lab Technology approved from Indian Medical Association, IMA recognized by Govt NCT of Delhi.
You can join this diploma in Cradle Institute of Paramedical Sciences, Delhi. The duration is 2 years and the fee is affordable.
Skill Development Courses: These are the courses which are offered by Healthcare Sector Skill Council, HSSC and the duration of these courses is short and these courses are also called as short term courses. In this you can opt for the courses like General Duty Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician etc. The duration will be 6-12 months, depending on the course you are going to opt. Skill development courses help you in gaining the industry specific knowledge in a short period of time.